Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Valentines sugar overload....

Does anyone else think that Valentines Day is just one more sugar holiday for our kids? My 4 year old daughter had her pre-school Valentines party today and she came home with a crazy amount of candy...this is on top of the cupcakes, lolipops etc that she ate AT the party. Don't get me wrong, I am a confirmed chocoholic and love a good sugar rush as much as the next guy but I think there has to be a better way to celebrate for our children than overloading them with candy. My kids were barely down from the Halloween sugar high when Christmas hit...now Valentines and then, before we know it, Easter Baskets....sigh. So I have decided that this Valentines instead of even more treats we will give the Earth a Valentine and each child will get to plant a tree.
I would love to hear what everyone has planned for their kids. Anyone have any cool Valentines traditions they want to share? We are always looking for great ideas!
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go raid my daughters candy bag from today...... :))

Ashley

No comments: